Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

Well, it's been almost a month since I last blogged. Shame on me. Just more for me to write this time. First off I would like to wish everyone a belated Easter. Hopefully everyone survived the craziness of the Holiday. Ours was great, except I would have liked some sunshine and perhaps a 50 degree day but I guess we made due. I found it interesting that there were no tights to be found the day before Easter. I debated and thought I should buy some for "P" since there was snow on the ground but two Targets and no tights so we went without.

We started our day at "T's" auntie Midges. It's always fun there with all the cousins and aunts and uncles. The only downfall is the feeling of sardines and claustrophobia you feel while there chasing around a toddler looking for Easter eggs. Let's not forget to mention we feel the need to touch every knick-knack there is while looking for eggs, and let me tell you there are tons!!!

After filling ourselves with delicious appetizers we packed up all the baskets and Easter trinkets we received and headed over to my parents house. Once arriving we put "P" down for a nap so she could get rested for round two. More stuff to come.

After a wonderful turkey dinner, Grandpa Tim announced that "P's" gift was in the garage and needed some assembly. The assembly started, the assembly of "P's" first car. Yep, that's right she's 22 months and getting a Barbie Mustang GT. Uncle Evil and Daddy put it together, it was almost finished and "P" decided it was time to get up. We stalled upstairs for awhile but I couldn't stand it any longer, I had to see the look on her face, even though she has NO idea the scale of this thing. We came down and she smiled as big as the state of Texas. She's thinking this is awesome, a new jungle gym. Something new to climb in and out of, on top of, whatever. She helped with the finishing touches then it was on~get this baby rolling. Not by the 12 volt battery supplied but by someone, anyone pushing. After an hour of in and out it was time to get going home. So where does someone put this car, couldn't fit in our car so Uncle and Auntie followed us home with it in their truck. Grandpa didn't tell me I needed a trailer for my kids Easter present. A pretty extravagant present at that~that's another story for another day, spoiling!

So as for now, "P" thinks her car is at Grandma and Grandpa's (it's really in our spare bedroom downstairs) then once it's nice out it will become an outside toy. Daddy has come to the conclusion that we will need to build another garage this summer to store all the BIG plastic things kids think they need.

So that's Easter.


Happy Easter from the Perron's
Mustang Chic

Prior to Easter Trenton and I took a trip with his brother and wife out to Utah. We took a 6 day trip to Park City to do some skiing. We had about 2 feet of fresh pow, pow (Trenton's word for powder) while we were there. The skiing was awesome and reminds me how lame the skiing in Minnesota is. We made it home injury free and can't wait to go back their again.
Hottie~"T" at Park City

Chair lift buddies~Deer Valley

The view from the Canyon's Ski Resort, Park City
Other than that life continues to speed on by, Piper and I are on a break from ECFE until the middle of April and we are continuing with gymnastics. She loves going every week and has learned how to do lot's of moves. She can finally get her feet off the ground.
Until next time......Wish hard for spring and be thankful for your family!






No comments: